SaskExpress Musical Theatre Studio Saskatoon is looking for positive, high energy, motivated, and passionate instructors and admin to join our team for the upcoming 2023-24 season! SaskExpress has been an arts community staple for 40+ years and continues to lead the pack for competitive Musical Theatre with our knowledgeable, professional, and passionate staff!
Please submit a resume, a brief introduction, (Instructors: what styles you teach, and -if available- recent work (choreography, performance, etc.)) to email@example.com with the subject line indicating what position you are applying for and name. Ex. "Jane Doe - Drama Instructor Application".
Careers - Saskatoon
Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Administrative duties assigned by the Creative Director and/or Director of Dance Development.
- Data entry for registration, studio fees, etc.
- Manage dropbox/studio website for parent communication purposes
- Costume sorting & labelling
- Collecting and organizing video orders & ticket orders for recital and theatre productions
- Collecting and organizing orders for studio merchandise
- Daily reception duties such as answering phones, photocopying, and responding to emails
- Assisting with studio events
Ideal candidates would fill spots teaching Voice for recreational classes in Musical Theatre and/or private vocal sessions for ages 4-14.
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Task planning and organization
- Positive attitude/outlook
- Training/experience in competitive or professional voice
- Monday 5:00-7:00 pm with possible opportunities for other days and substitute teaching.
Responsibilities (differs for each style):
- Ability to teach using various styles and methodologies from beginner to senior level
- Prepare lesson plans
- Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals
- Evaluate student performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Teach vocals/singing with emphasis on proper technique, anatomy, and music theory
- Keep up to date in your discipline and implement any changes to the songs and curriculum as needed.
- Hourly wage varies based on experience/certifications