SaskExpress Studio Career Opportunities:
SaskExpress Musical Theatre Studios Regina and Saskatoon are looking for positive, high energy, motivated, and passionate dance instructors to join our team for the upcoming 2022-23 season! SaskExpress has been an arts community staple for 40+ years and continues to lead the pack for competitive Musical Theatre with our knowledgeable, professional, and passionate staff! Ideal candidates would fill spots teaching recreational and competitive classes in Musical Theatre, Voice/Vocal Technique, Acro, Tap, Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet/Lyrical for ages 4-18.
- Problem solving
- Task planning and organization
- Positive attitude/outlook
- Experience in competitive or professional singing/dancing/acting
- Teaching storytelling through performance in all styles
- Approx. Monday-Thursday 4:30 - 9:30 and Saturdays all day (45-60 min sessions)
- Ability to teach using various dance styles and methodologies from beginner to senior level.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
- Evaluate student performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Choreograph routines and select music for competitions/recital.
- Teach vocals/singing with emphasis on proper technique, anatomy, and music theory
- Teach basic scene breakdown and character development
- Keep up to date in your discipline and implement any changes to the dance routines and curriculum as needed.
- Hourly wage varies based on experience/certifications
Please submit a resume, cover letter, what styles you teach, and -if available- recent work (choreography, performance, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating what position you are applying for and name. Ex. "Jane Doe - Instructor Application".